Friday, February 4, 2011

The Next Challenge

A few weeks ago, I encouraged you all to join me in the Krispy Kreme Challenge, a four mile run sandwiched around 12 donuts to benefit the North Carolina Children’s Hospital. Some of you must have listened because not too long after I blogged that post, the K2C sold out. So tomorrow, I’ll rise and shine way too early and happily ply myself with enough caffeine to propel me from the belltower at NC State University to the Krispy Kreme on Person Street and with enough sugar to get me back again. I hope you signed up in time. If you didn’t, mark your calendar for next year’s run- it’s always the first Saturday in February. The benefits to the hospital by far outweigh the one hour you will spend trying to run and trying harder not to see those donuts again.
If you didn’t sign up for this charity event, don’t fret! Your next big opportunity to make a difference is just around the corner…  
There’s an animal inside each of us. Inside you, I believe there might just be a polar bear!
Why don't you find out??? Join us on Saturday, March 26, at 10:00 a.m. at the first annual Parking Lot Polar Plunge to benefit Special Olympics North Carolina!!
This event is presented by the North Carolina Alcohol Law Enforcement Division and the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation (Sorry, Karen, I had to put my Division first J!) and will be held at the Chick-fil-A on Timber Drive in Garner.
For the low, low bargain price of 50 dollars (more if you feel so inclined), you and/or a team of your friends, can cannonball, belly flop, or ease your way into a pool of icy cold water. Once you’ve had all the freezing fun you can stand, climb on out and change out of your polar apparel in one of our heated tents. There will be games, food and prizes in several categories including best costume and oldest & youngest plungers! I’m sure there will be some special guests around too. And, guaranteed, there will be laughter and fun (and a free t-shirt with registration)!
In a few moments of your time, you will be supporting a lifetime of memories for Special Olympics athletes. I hope you will consider freezin’ for a reason and jumpin’ in to this worthy event .  If you can’t attend, please consider sponsoring me (or one of the other proud plungers) here. We hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment