Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend Top 10

Hello, Monday. How did you get here so fast?
Another weekend flew by and here we are, back at the workweek. For the last few weeks, I’ve been doing a Top 10 list of tidbits from my weekend simply because it’s an easy way to give you the highlights of a few days crammed and jammed with fun things… and truthfully, it’s quicker than writing a full blog post (and with me up to my ears in wedding planning, time is the one thing I do not have to spare). So, here we go… my Top 10 of fun things to know and tell from the weekend.
10- It is wise to take a chaperone (or what Dave Ramsey likes to call a financial “accountability buddy”) when you go to Carolina Pottery in Cary. It is, however, not wise to take an accountability buddy who says things like, “Baby, if that’s what you want, it’s just a swipe of the card.” I’m not really sure who was chaperoning whom. J
9- The perfect purple wedding shoes that live in my imagination apparently do not exist anywhere on this planet. However, very cute ivory ones can be found on sale at DSW. If I were as fantastic as Jennifer Garner’s character in P.S. I Love You, I’d just design my own and be done with it!
8- A surprise “invasion” of family members makes for one very entertaining Sunday afternoon. And, for the record, invasion was their word, not mine. I hope you guys will come back when you can stay longer!
7- New sneakers are good. New sneakers on sale with a coupon are even better.
6- A last minute decision to wear red heels is always, always, always a good idea. Woah, did this weekend have a shoe theme or what???
5- Popcorn and string cheese can make for a perfectly acceptable dinner… every once in a while.
4- After what seems like a million years, Leverage is back! Nate, Sophie, Eliot, Parker, & Hardison: I missed you!!! And even better than just being back, they’re back at 9 instead of 10 so I don’t have to stay up too late on a Sunday night. Thank you, TNT!
3- Is it just me or do Chick-fil-A team members seem like they've had to pass a cheerfulness test as part of their hiring process? The past two times we’ve been, the cashiers have been so bubbly, we’ve almost wondered what was wrong with them.
2- As soon as two people get comfy in a chair meant for one person, the cell phone will ring… across the room... and you'll never quite get back to that comfy place again.
1- Engagement pictures are a fantastically fun way to spend a Saturday night. This adventure will get an expanded blog post soon but in the meantime, I’ll just prove the point that red shoes make life way more fun…


4 comments:

  1. It WAS a fun weekend wasn't it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were a betting gal, I'd say there are more fun weekends to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Down goes your Dave Ramsey diligence...welcome to my world :) I had a friend work at Chicfila for years and YES they do have a cheerfulness test of sorts during the interview process. She said it's amazing how many people can't get through that part...I'm just not thinking they'd hire me. And finally, you always rock your red shoes, but this one takes the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do they really??? I wonder how much Mt. Dew I'd need to pass that test? There must be something spikey in the lemonaide!
    And to think, the red shoes were a last second decision. I'm sooooo glad I didn't just go with my original plan of flip-flops!

    ReplyDelete