Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Registry for Everything

With the wedding quickly approaching and my excitement level quickly rising, people are asking where we’re registered for gifts. We have registered but in truth we’re pretty excited about just seeing everyone, spending time with family and friends at the wedding, and officially starting our life together. As we were discussing where to register, it became quite apparent that there are registries everywhere for everything.
Weddings? Check.
New homes? Of course.
Babies? Absolutely.
Bed bugs? Huh?
Yep, there’s even a registry for bed bugs.
I’m leaving today to go out of town for work; Robert’s left to fend for himself. I’m pretty sure he can handle it; he’s pretty independent and industrious. I’m also pretty sure there’s leftover lasagna in the frige and frozen something in the freezer to tide him over until I get back. (But no whoopie pies; sorry, babe, I ran out of time. L )
In preparation for my trip, someone at work informed me that the place I’m going is “The Bed Bug Capital of the US”. It’s the WHAT??? That’s just nasty. And he proceeded to tell me to “check the registry”. Check the what? As it turns out, there is a handy dandy website called The Bed Bug Registry where you can enter your hotel name or address and they will tell you if the location has had any reported sightings of the creepy, crawly, can’t-wait-to-get-their-snuggle-on critters. I was almost afraid to look.
But I did.
And although I will do a thorough check of the place upon my arrival and I might still keep my suitcase in the bathtub just in case, I’m happy to report there are no reports of bed bugs at the hotel I’ll be in.
If this turns out not to be the case, you can rest assured (while I am resting anything but comfortably) that I’ll give you the full report when I return.
In the meantime, I hope your week is full of fun and free from pests (be they 2-legged or otherwise) and that your weekend plans are coming together to be something summery, something sensational… Something More.

Follow up note: The very thorough (and several times repeated) bed bug investigation revealed no evidence or indication of cuddlebugs! :)

1 comment: