Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 day 1

Welcome to 2013! I'm so glad you're here! I hope you spent your day starting the year off right. I, for one, am already behind on those resolutions I set just a few days ago. Shocking, I know!

Save money? Nope. We went to Robert's home away from home, Lowes home improvement warehouse. I don't have to say any more, do I?

Work out? Nope. I spent most of my day being lazy on the couch, reading and watching random marathons on tv. I figured if Robert was in the garage working on a project, I'd make the most of my absolute control of the remote. And after being off work since the 21st, I decided to savor my last vacation day.

Eat better? Check that one off today! I made pork tenderloin, black eyed peas, broccoli, potatoes, and corn bread. I think some of those are supposed to bring us health or wealth or some other good blessings in the new year. We'll see how that turns out. :)

Random act of kindness? The jury is still out on that one. When I mentioned to Robert that we hadn't done a RAK for today, he quickly pointed out that we hadn't run over the very annoying guy strolling right down the middle of the traffic aisle in the Lowes parking lot. I suppose that counts but I'm hoping tomorrow will hold something a little more clearly defined as kindness.

Until next time, friends, I hope your 2013 is off to a wonderful start and that tomorrow will be more of the same. Happy New Year, everyone!

1 comment: